The John Gower Society was founded in 1981 and published the first JGN (The John Gower Newsletter) two years later. Membership includes a subscription to eJGN and helps teh society support activities promoting the teaching and study of Gower’s works.
- two issues of eJGN each year
- a voice in all Society business, including selection of topics for the Gower Society-sponsored paper sessions each year at the International Congress on Medieval Studies in Kalamazoo, Michigan
- a free drink at the Society’s cash bar at that conference.
- occassional special discounts available to Society members on purchases of books (as advertised in eJGN)
Gower Society Annual Dues
Payable in April each year
If paying by Check:
- Regular Members: US $20.00
- Graduate and/or Research Students: US $5.00
- Libraries: US $30.00
If paying electronically using PayPal:
- Regular Members: US $25.00
- Graduate and/or Research Students: US $10.00
- Libraries: US $35.00
Payment may be made by check made out to the John Gower Society, and mailed to the JGS Treasurer at this address:
John Gower Society
c/o Roger A. Ladd
12741 Stratford Drive
Laurinburg, NC 28352
Please do not make check out to the treasurer.
Dues may also be paid electronically using PayPal, though dues paid this way must include a service fee the society must pay to use that service (see Dues rates).
To pay via PayPal:
- Log in to your own PayPal account.
- Click “Send & Request” in the top menu.
- Enter the Treasurer’s email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter, in US Dollars (USD) the dues amount ($25 for regular membership).
- Add a note with your name and affiliation.
- Click continue to pay.